Saturday, January 02, 2021

Window boxes

 The Thornhill needs window boxes on the upper windows  (see photo below also) and I found 2 packages of unfinished ones in my stash recently. I could do white ones, but thought having terra cotta ones would look nice. I also stumbled upon another texture paint at the store the other day. 

I painted using this Suede texture paint, and located some terra cotta paint (turns out its "Lawbre Brown", one of the colors I used in my color wash of the exterior of my French Country house). The idea was to play with the suede texture paint...and then color over it with the terra cotta.

Here's the preliminary results:




2 comments:

  1. I think those the boxes will look splendid. I am going to check out that paint too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie - I have since found out this paint is exclusive to Michaels, though they do show it on the DecoArt site.

      Delete