Saturday, January 02, 2021

French Country kitchen cabinets painting part deux

 So....I'm not happy with the finish on the chalk painted test cabinets. I went back to my work using milk paint and think that finish will much better suit the scale and delicacy of these M&R cabinets. 

I had done some spray painting this fall on a cheap dresser, and decided to apply some milk paint I had from some years ago. I was amazed at how the finish looked just after one coat...had a smooth feel. I am using a different color than I will for cabinets but here's the effect.


Here's a secretary I did years ago with milk paint, and the color is linen. It is very close to my pot board and I did my first coat of it on my test cabinets today. (the double cabinet was stained first and does have a rougher finish than the drawer cabinet - lesson learned - I won't stain my M&R cabinets first, just go right to paint.)



This shows the comparison between the more yellow chalk paint on the island with the more off white linen color of the milk paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment