Saturday, January 30, 2021

French Country enhancements

 Some things I've gotten done over the last few days and/or am in the process of. 

The cove molding I was adding to the kitchen cabinets looked a bit too small....


I ordered and am now painting 1/2" scale crown for this. More pictures as they get done. 

I also was missing a knob for the stove, so ordered a set from Kathleen's Miniatures. They are so cute! I'm waiting on some grates before I glue them on but here's a picture with one placed, and the set.



The stair landing railing had newel posts that were both big and extended into the stairway too much, and I got some narrower ones. Need to get them cut, stained and glued but here's the effect. 


The second floor crown molding is just not grand enough, especially since I added the doorcases. I found a Unique Miniatures trim - came today so I painted and glued it in the master bedroom. I am very pleased with the results and will do the same for the other 2 rooms on the second floor.



4 comments:

  1. Heidi: I love how this is coming together. Any chance you could share your sources for some of the materials you order? I am looking for the best place to buy fancy French moldings to make French Provincial wall panels. Thank you so much for sharing. - Marilyn D., New Brunswick, Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn,

      I do try to reference the materials I use in each blog post, and I'm keeping track of them on this resources page. https://mini-madness.blogspot.com/search/label/resources

      Mostly I use Lawbre, Sue Cook, sometimes Unique Miniatures if no other choice for moldings. If I don't reference something, feel free to ask me!

      Delete
  2. I'm so dreadfully behind in blog posts but had to pop in just to say Great Work and I am really enjoying catching up on all the wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! I just realized I had a draft post and have now published it - more kitchen photos that make me smile!

      Delete