Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Fun thinking about landscaping

I had forgotten how much fun landscaping was! Its been many years since I did any. My Newport was the first (and only) house with landscaping. I went all out, bought all sorts of materials, trees, shrubs, landscaping turf, gravel, flowers etc. I really did a remarkable job. 

I have all the remaining supplies stashed away in a couple of bins, and just started going through them...its like its Christmas morning and I'm a kid!

I've attached a picture of my finished Newport, and then some of my Thornhill with some of those trees just to get the sense of what it could look like.

I'm thinking it needs a vine, and perhaps a stone edging like I did with the Newport. I threw the lyons in there....could mebbe use them!

The pots are hand made by an artist - Julie, I think? I got them from my local shop and have larger ones for the French Country Manor. 

I just realized I never added the keystones to the Thornhill windows...hmmm. 





Here's some brick wall I found...not sure I will use it here but wanted to capture it for later - for ideas on what I could do with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment