Monday, January 17, 2022

Chateau updates

 Since January 3rd, I've done some minor work on the Chateau. 

I decided to gild the doorcases I got from Sue Cook. They look very nice - helps when you have a tiny brush! 




The front door had a plain brass door knocker and that couldn't stand. I got the lion one I had been pining for and then located a door knob set at a hobby shop. They do bring a bit more class to the door.


I touched up the roof of the bay windows, copper antiqued. As I look at the last picture, I may go back over it with a bit more copper - its a bit dark. I started with a brownish base, went over it with some antique metallic copper, and then did a black wash over that. 




I've been thinking about my kitchen vaulted ceiling and was playing around with some things. Still not settled on what I will do.







2 comments:

  1. So many decisions. The gold on the door detail gives the room a more finished look. I also like how you dressed up the front door, and the corbels are a nice touch in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my tastes have changed and I'm rethinking ways to add those special touches.

      Delete