Saturday, July 18, 2020

My Miniature Village

It's finally happening! I'm planning out my village in my basement where 3 of my houses live. Okay yes I'm a packrat, and hubby is too. We've been in this house for 20 years and several floor layouts as our needs have changed. We have downsized on furniture and moved some of it up to first floor. This has opened up the space in the basement. My workspace for my dollhouses is to the far right of this space, the other side of the room.

We have this modular desk set that fits into a corner and then has side pieces. Its long been vacant, collecting stuff and dust, as we have moved away from computer towers to laptops and offices now in our extra bedrooms. I removed some modular shelves the desk had for monitors etc and it will now be housing my dollhouses!

I got a board cut at HD today and bought wool/felt from Joann's and have placed the board on the space. My plan is to put my Thornhill on it. Not sure if it will go on the angle or on the side. I can add a second desk end on the right  - we have one more. Since the Thornhill opens on the sides and very front, I don't need access to the back, don't need a turntable. I want to do some landscaping, but on the sides it will have to be short shrubs, so I can still open the sides. There will finally be room for the steps!

The Seaside Villa Bed & Breakfast has its own turntable table, so I don't think I will move it off that.
The third house is my French Country - I haven't made any real decisions but I may keep it on the TV cart.

A work in progress, as they say. The file cabinet will be moving and boxes/tables will be gone of course.






2 comments:

  1. That's so neat that you'll get to create your own street of dreams with these lovely houses! I am excited to see it all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty stoked about it!

    ReplyDelete