Thursday, July 16, 2020

French Country Embellishments

Sometimes a break from this hobby, or in particular, this house, spurs new ideas and breaks me out of the 'can't make a decision' mode. For a year or more I have procrastinated/agonized over certain things that really shouldn't have been that big a deal.

Things like staining/painting the 2nd floor stairs, and ordering more ribbon for the same stair runner, and stair rods...at least the supplier for the ribbon still had some. As for stair rods from Mini Mundus, no go. I ended up with Clare Bell ones, which I found out were easy peasy to install and I prefer the more antiqued finish. (Now I have to decide whether to buy more for the 1st floor stairs and redo those).



Then procrastinating about how to apply crown molding to 3rd floor angled ceilings. This has perplexed me and I've gone several ways to purchase various products. The angle of the ceiling to the wall in the two end rooms is the challenge. Stiff crown molding will show a gap. I debated about several flat moldings, and this week ended up putting on a faux embossed flat molding.  

This turned out to be so easy that I kicked myself for agonizing over this for so long. I'm pleased with the results! It adds just enough elegance and finishes the ceiling edges nicely.








2 comments:

  1. Love the way the stairs came out! The flat molding was a great solution for the crown molding! I had a heck of a time with the mansard ceiling in the New Orleans, too! In the end, lots of spackle worked in my case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi! Yup, the flat molding was the way to go! I've got snips from it that I play to play with - paint, do highlighting, etc for the Chateau that's next on my dollhouse list. Its that sort of foamy type material - I think its from World Model, can't recall.

    ReplyDelete