Sunday, April 20, 2014

Staining

I spent time today staining the interior doors cherry, the first coat. I'm pleased with the results, and know that staining takes time. I did the pre-conditioning and then the first coat of cherry stain. So far so good.

I also fiddled with the chandelier for the 3rd floor - its black. I experimented with a gold rub-n-buff and love the finished effect. Its kinda bronze antique. I think it is just the thing for this room. I've been obsessing (yep...obsessing) about the lighting for this room. I would like to put a billiard light in but the angled ceiling  prevents that...all the light fixtures along that line have solid poles, not accommodating for an angled installation.

Here's the chandelier's finish now. It was black before.


No comments:

Post a Comment