Saturday, April 26, 2014

Current work

Still working on staining interior doors and the beadboard I'm using for the 3rd floor center room. I pulled out my square wood stock, and have enough for 6 - 2 at ends and the rest in between. Or I could do less. I need to start staining them as well. Switched from Minwax gel cherry to General Finish Warm Cherry, after 2 coats of the other. I wasn't getting enough of the cherry color that the stain pen I'm using on the windows was providing. I think maybe one more coat of it and that will do it. Here's the color.



Since no wallpaper is tall enough, I will most likely "plaster" the walls and then paint them with a wash. Something plain like the living room - a slight yellow/dirty wash should work fine. So I should run some tapewire just above the baseboard in the 3rd floor first, then apply drywall mud.

I purchased Bespaq furniture for the center 3rd floor room - a pool table, a small bar counter, and some pub chairs.

And the Italian tile artisan didn't have enough of my 'stars' with her at the Bishop show so I'm waiting on her to mail them. Hope it doesn't take too long - I want to finish the floor and grout.

No comments:

Post a Comment