Monday, April 07, 2014

Dining Room Floor Redo

I haven't been happy with the old dining room floor - an attempt at a paperclay floor. A few years ago I redid the kitchen floor with real adobe tiles. It was quite a job - hacking away. Such an unpleasant job that I've put off doing it to the dining room. Until now.

I had planned on doing the same floor and had purchased enough tiles from the Italian tile artist. I pulled all that back out and decided that not only would I do this, but I'd add a 'star' of 4 tiles near each of the corners - jazz it up a little. I only have one of those stars, but as it just so happens, the Chicago Miniatures show is this weekend and she will be there. I'll grab the remaining 3 sets this weekend.

Here's my planning of the stars:


And tonight I attached the template and began gluing the tiles. 


Finished, and placed the star temporarily to get a sense. I have a few half tiles to place at the very back. Will get to those when I affix the stars this weekend. I'm very happy with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment