Sunday, March 20, 2022

Chateau Bedrooms Get New Wallpaper

It wouldn't be the same if I didn't strip at least one paper off and install another in the Chateau. Funny how you have an idea in your head but the result isn't satisfying.  

I've been pouring over the Les Chinoiseries wallpapers available. I have been very satisfied with the living and dining room papers that are Les Chinoiseries. I found a stunning yellow and blue stripe for the master and a complimentary blue damask for the other bedroom. Stripping the 2 rooms didn't take much time, and within a couple of hours I had both rooms papered. I'm very happy with the results - the character of those rooms has changed drastically. 

I also got crown up and cut the baseboards, just need to attach doors. I will need to decide on chandeliers - my ceiling roses are ready and the holes are drilled. 

Oh, see that beautiful yellow secretary there? A recent purchase, I was originally thinking it would work in the living room but it found its natural home. And the lovely bombe chest in the master is new, a JBM piece that I happened on and couldn't pass up.







2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about transferring ideas from your head to the room. Either it was destined to fail but you were too focused to notice, or you have changed your mind. Regardless, investing a couple hours to change the paper is well worth it. The blue damask room is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup and I continue to enjoy these 2 bedrooms...so they were the right choice.

      Delete