Friday, November 05, 2021

Workroom space and cabinets

 It occurred to me I haven't shown anyone my workspace. 

Years ago I took over one half of our finished basement and set up a hobby table and purchased a nice Effictiv Ikea cabinet. It has served me well over the years. The top is double doors and I have paints and stains on a shelf, tall spray paints, and glue bottles, sandpaper boxes in the top shelf. 

The bottom space in this top cabinet is set up with 2 plastic drawer units. Those drawers include 2 with lighting and electrical supplies, one or two that have architectural embellishments in them, one drawer with stain pens. 

The next section down is 3 drawers, with the top drawer being open divided boxes with clamps, one with tools, one with painting supplies- brushes, and spatulas. There is some open space for larger things. The middle drawer is wood strips and the bottom drawer is wallpaper. Yes, I have a stash of each and that has grown more than I will ever use, truth be told. 

The very bottom section of this cabinet is 2 short doors, and its mostly junk odds and ends  - wood parts, supplies that I didn't use from kits (stairs etc), and rags, as well as some plastic grocery bags that I use to line my garbage can. 

Last year I had more things and needed another cabinet. I wanted the same series, but Ikea no longer makes it. I went with Havsta - a light grey unit that is really 2 units. The lower half is deeper and has 2 doors, and the upper is taller but less deep, also 2 doors. I wanted to find drawer units that fit it as well, but I've had some trouble finding ones that are not too deep for the top cabinet. See how I put it together and how I've filled it...notice it just fits, about touches the ceiling!

I was so tickled when Sherrill posted recently about her Havsta build!









1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your new cabinet IS just like my mini replica! Thanks for showing us how you use it. If I ever get my own real-life workspace, I won’t hesitate to get Havsta cabinets.

    ReplyDelete