Friday, November 05, 2021

Chateau fireplaces and sconces

Last I left it, my fireplaces had just gotten gold paint applied on the raised portions. I was very pleased with the results and was now motivated to get sconces up, and then attach the fireplaces. 

I showed a couple of types of sconces I had, but I ended up getting plain candlestick sconces by Clare Bell Brass. I didn't want the sconces to take center stage and I really felt like both rooms should have the same ones. So I bit the bullet and got 2 pairs of sconces. 

I did some planning on my approach  - marking where I would place them on the fireplace, and then drilling through the chimney breasts. Of course, I also had to ensure the tapewire on the room behind the living room and dining room was placed to accommodate the short wires. Got all that done, tested and then put glue on the back and attached it. Went back and re-drilled, through the chimney breast and the wall, so it all lined up. Once that was done, it was time to glue the sconces on, and hard wire. I am very happy with the results, and I of course then wanted the embers/logs to be wired, so moved on to those - they are so wonderful - they flicker!

You will also notice the new living room furniture I got!

On to crown molding in these 2 rooms, which should prove a challenge as they are large and I will be navigating the chimney breast and the corners. The picture is at the bottom.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi! The sconces look elegant and are a perfect match for the gold detailing on the living room fireplace! I know what a challenge it is to wire sconces - just getting them perfectly balanced to one another is an accomplishment! I love the new living room furniture and I am sending all my good wishes for the crown molding! You are making such great progress!!!

    ReplyDelete