Monday, July 26, 2021

French Country Accents

 I finished the back of needlepoint rug finally. I am mostly happy with how it turned out.



The kitchen is coming together. I've gotten some new plants and accessories. I am thinking about adding an architectural accent on the back of the cabinet. Maybe a floral garland or wreath. I have some in my stash, maybe put that on my to-do list.










I had a punch needle rug made for me by Debbie at Kurthwood Cottage and I'm in love with it! I added some accessories - a teddy bear, a cloth carry bag, wastebasket and kleenex. These I recently purchased from a trip to Rose's Dollhouse Shop in Wisconsin.








I snagged this beautiful hand-painted Dutch Baby House! And I bought another punchneedle rug at the recent Chicago Miniature show.



In the dining room and living room, I've been contemplating what to put over the fireplace. The challenge is that I'm limited to what fits between the sconces. I guess I didn't plan that out very well and allow a wide enough area. The Trumeau mirrors are from Alison Davies Miniatures and have potential to be done up with gold trim. 




I think I will put those Trumeau mirrors between the windows instead, like this. I'm going to work on painting them at some point.


There were some flowering bushes I got from Rose's and I think they look nice on the front porch. I may try to find squat wide pots to set them in, not sure.






2 comments:

  1. The needlepoint rug is so pretty! So much time but so worth it!
    I love all of the accessories and details you are adding! The house is looking like a home! I bet it is thrilling to finally see your dream coming alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jodi! I am having fun with it! I also found a trim to add to the back of the kitchen cabinets - ordered them. https://www.miniland.ca/Wood-Carved-flowers-Onlay-Applique-Unpainted-2pc-for-112-dollhouse-miniatures-V018_p_2905.html

      Delete