Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Random photos in French Country

 What bedroom isn't complete without If you give a moose a muffin" or "cat in the hat" or a slinky?


Much happier with smaller newel posts on these railings. I also added the finishing baseboard and white trim to cover the spot between floors where wallpaper doesn't meet.


Potential picture, and will need to start filling the bookcase with all those books I made a couple years ago.



What do you think about the parsons chairs here?


Need to figure out what I want above the LR and DR fireplaces - I have some resin mantel frames...I should get them out to see if they work.



Kitchen from the actual front of house. Think I want to put some plants on top of the cabinets and have vines hanging down. Any other ideas? Maybe a picture? Would that look odd?


Interesting view.



I gave up on my idea of a shower curtain - I am terrible at hand-sewing, and this was silk, not easy to work with. I used a different silk as a test...I have the silk that is the fabric match for the wallpaper but am really not looking forward to trying it. I may try with a cotton to see if I get better results.



I am starting to think about draperies for this house. This rook would look good with beige silk that would blend and pull out the silk in the headboard. Something very simple - draperies and a cornice probably. Wouldn't have to worry about sewing rings like the dreaded shower curtain and could hide edges under a cornice.



Maybe light pink draperies for this room?


Living room and Dining room - something neutral - beige for draperies again?



Finished backing on needlepoint rug.



2 comments:

  1. It's looking so beautiful and stately, Heidi! Draperies always add such a rich and warm feeling - can't wait to see them! Cotton for the shower curtain fabric will probably behave much better. I think Elizabeth over at Studio E has a great bed curtain tutorial that might be handy. Trailing plants on the cupboard tops would look lovely, and nice crockery is always great to display, as well. It's so much fun to finally dig out the furniture and play, and it's so encouraging to see all the ideas that have been spinning in your head for so long finally coming together! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi - thanks for the tip to look at Elizabeth's tutorial at Studio E. I had contemplated alternating in the pretty pleater...wasn't sure how that would work. Brilliant! That and the gel glue...I will need to play around with that. I've not used the PP other than that attempt and the outcome with silk was hard to control.

      Delete