Sunday, August 16, 2020

Shingling is moving along

 The front and dormers are now shingled. I have a sense of accomplishment and have a rhythm down now. I am also using "The Chopper" for rows where I need shorter shingles. This is by far the best way to do that, I'm not great at cutting straight with scissors.  



I also got wise to staining the cut edges with a Guardsman furniture touch-up marker before I apply the angle sections. Then on the very peak of the dormer I run the marker over that and the cut edges now are no longer visible. 



Here's the Chopper, note that the 2 wing nuts are adjustable. Easy to shift one so I can cut the short row for the bottom edge of the dormers, and another shift to cut them for the row at the top of the dormer. Just have to remember to replace the razor blade and keep your fingers away from it. 

Last time I used it was on the Foyer tile - with Tid-Bits that were formica and extremely hard to cut. 


No comments:

Post a Comment