Sunday, August 16, 2020

Getting into Chateau planning mode

 Now that I've made headway on shinging, its time to turn my sights on what is next with the Chateau. I have primed the interior, and started laying the tapewire for electricity. I will need to continue the tapewire, adding more and then making the eyelet connections for every join. 

My eyelet outlet tool hasn't been working well, and I've broken tips and replaced them a few times. So I ordered another and it should be a week or so before it comes. I also have a BamBam eyelet outlet tool and honestly haven't had much luck with it or I'm just too boneheaded on how to really use it. Here's some photos of the tools and the interior where I have started the tapewire. I did that over a year ago and in looking at it again, I know I stopped because I was unsure how I wanted to handle wiring without the actual 2nd and 3rd floors in place. 

The first is the regular eyelet outlet tool, and then the BamBam tool (it makes a Bam sound when you pull on the spring and release it).


Overview of the beginnings of tapewire.


Here I adhered the tapewire where it will be at about baseboard height on the 3rd floor, and there's some sort of knee wall thing I'm going to have to accommodate.


This house is different than the French Country in that the 2nd and 3rd floors are held in place by the crown molding of the floor below it. I ripped out all that 'crown' because I wasn't sure I wanted that style or size, and so I could prime and do tapewire. So I sort of have to plan this all out again, now that I'm more focused on it. I could potentially glue the floors in place but I can't back up that support with nails from the outside since I have completed the exterior. The 3rd floor is actually one piece, but the 2nd floor is 3 separate pieces. 

Here's a photo before I ripped out the crown molding

I think I can easily continue to tapewire and make my connections with what I have and I will come back later and run tapewire as I install the floors. 

I am reminded that I want to make thin triangle templates for the three 3rd floor windows, for the walls in the dormer. I want to sand and paint those too while I have all the floors out of the way. These triangular pieces will simply fill the space and make the walls flush with the roof cutout surface. Hope that makes sense. There's not much room in there and its really too tight to do anything else with. 


This photo shows the tapewire I adhered to the 3rd floor peak, just behind the hinge of the roof. I try not to put tapewire on walls where they tend to show or are slightly thicker under the wallpaper. While it hides the tapewire it is a challenge to apply, and then to get into those tight spots to do an eyelet connection. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment