Monday, January 21, 2019

Windows and doors complete

I'm finally done painting all the windows and doors! The only remaining parts are the mullions and I've decided to hold off until warmer weather where I can spray them outside. There are way too many of those to think about hand-painting them.

For this reason, the windows and doors are not glued in.  I do have the 2 oeil-de-boeuf dormers to attach. I also haven't glued in the interior arches for the 2 wings (Kitchen and Study). I want to be sure I can remove the door portion to attach those mullions.









Painting exterior frames and color washing.


Painting and painting and painting



Placing the door, filling the gaps, and attaching the exterior window trim.



2 comments:

  1. What a grand and beautiful house! It's going to be so much fun to accessorize and add pieces to over the years! You should be very proud of all the accomplishments you've made in this build! Good luck with the finishing - a sometimes fiddly and frustrating endeavor, but so worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have been having fun with accessorizing, and yes its very gratifying when I finally figure out how to overcome a frustrating thing.

    ReplyDelete