Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Chateau Wallpaper and Wood Floors

 I took the plunge and wallpapered with the new Les Chinoiseries wallpaper I proposed in the last post. The quality of the paper is as promised - thick but not too thick. I completely forgot to spray with sealer before applying paste, as I always do with Itsy Bitsy Minis and Brodnax. Thankfully I had no problems with bleeding even when I wiped off excess paste. 

The upstairs hall got papered as well, sort of a marbled paper that blended with the foyer paper where it met in the stair opening. I was originally planning on papering it before I glued the floor in. Somehow I forgot that was my plan, and then had to adjust my papering plan so I could accommodate the height difference where the floor ended. 

Looking ahead, I pulled out the crown molding that I have been planning on using, and placed it up against the ceiling in the dining room. What to do with the fireplace chimney breast and the crown - to cut and miter all around or just butt it up to the chimney breast. The problem is that there is a small step inset on each side. If I do miter, I have to miter to the deepest spot and that's that.

Living room, dining room, master bedroom, 2nd bedroom and 2nd floor hall wood floors are all done, each strip cut, and attached to a posterboard base. They are ready to be stained with cherry stain.


















2 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi! I love all the wallpapers! They look grand in every room and really complement the floors! Since you primed the walls, you should not expect to have any issues with the unsealed paper. As for the mitered trim, the tiny bits will be troublesome but can be done if you attempt it right after prayer or meditation, lol! Otherwise, corner blocks might save the day. Can't wait to see the next progress report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodi! I'm very pleased with the papers as well! As for unsealed paper, I have had some unhappy experiences with both Brodnax and Itsy Bits - with glue from my sticky fingers. They now look blotchy and I'm trying to figure out how to put pictures etc on the wall in strategic spots.

      I'm still thinking about the crown molding. I will put that off until I've got the fireplace and lighting on it installed.

      Delete