Sunday, August 22, 2021

Chateau foyer

I was able to wallpaper the foyer this weekend, which entailed reordering more of the mural paper because 2 of 4 sheets were a darker run. The new stock was all lighter, and I then used the 2 darker as templates to plan the pattern placement. That actually worked well, and once I had the plan in place I just started cutting pieces. The challenge here was that the pattern between the panels was wider, and this is a small room. I decided to therefore force a narrower pattern, which meant the compromise was more piecing together. 

In the end I think it looks nice and I'm pleased with it. That's not to say I would do that again, I probably spent way too much time debating and cutting. Anyway, it's done, and I was able to move on to gluing the ceiling in place and wallpaper the 2nd floor hall as well. 

You can also see the marble floor that I finished earlier, very happy with that as well!






No comments:

Post a Comment