Friday, April 07, 2023

Hobby Room Ikea Cabinet - Butcher Block Top

 Back in December I bought an Ikea storage cabinet and put it together in my 2nd floor office - where my current in progress Chateau is. 

While in a big box store last month, as I was purchasing my soldering iron, I came across a butcher block top that was exactly the right size for this cabinet. I brought it home and fitted it - its perfect! 

It is packaged as a counter top that you can hinge, to save space. It comes with brackets to support this type of installation, but obviously I wasn't interested in that. Sometimes you happen upon things when you aren't looking. And, I shopped around online and found it at another big box store for less...bonus!







2 comments:

  1. You’ve made such a lovely room, it must be really easy to choose to create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely room! My work desk by day and dollhouse minis by night/weekend.

      Delete