Sunday, November 19, 2017

Electrical problems in Dining Room

I had all the fireplace and sconce lighting working and I was cutting and fitting baseboard. I had noticed the floor overhung on the front of the house about an 1/8 inch and slid it out to trim the back edge of the floor. I hosed my wiring job when sliding the floor back in.  While groaning and trying to figure out how I could fix, I noticed that none of the 2nd or 3rd floor lights were working either.

I started to panic but was able to deduce it was the lead going upstairs. I was able to slide out the foyer floor, and add another cross run of tape, joining the run that goes upstairs - that took care of that - whew!
I still have to fix the dining room sconces and fireplace lighting. 

So...I decided to again change the kitchen wallpaper. I've been struggling with what to put in there. I had a few papers picked out, and oddly enough my local shop had a house they were papering for a customer, with one of those choices in it. That sealed the deal and I ordered it. So.....since I would be removing the kitchen paper, I would rewire the dining room sconces through the wall into the kitchen before I paper. I also removed the dining paper from the fireplace wall, and then I'd have access to all the wiring. Then, I reinstalled the chimney breast and papered over it as I wallpapered the wall, the right way of doing it.

So I also had to remove all the crown I just put up on that wall....and once lighting was installed and tested, completed the crown and baseboard. 

Kitchen wall where I drilled to rewire dining room sconces






No comments:

Post a Comment