Sunday, May 29, 2016

French Country Dormer and Trim Work

The top dormer windows posed a challenge with regard to the color. I started by using the cream base, and used a white to outline the edge and the round circle. Not the effect I wanted. Then I did light grey base and highlights of cream. This was nice but didn't pack a punch.



I  then went to stippling and this gave me the stone effect I was imagining.
 

I then outlined in the cream - and though I liked it...it still needed something.


I finally settled on a lighter grey stippling for the highlighting of the edges and the circle. This is what I settled on.


You can see I've also glued on the stone patio and courtyard wall and painted them with stippling also. I'm very happy with the effect.


Moved on to the quoins - I could have stayed with the lighter grey but ended up with a slightly darker grey stippling to blend in more with the trims along the eaves. Its all now installed.


No comments:

Post a Comment