Friday, April 15, 2016

French Country Manor

I am the proud owner of a Lawbre French Country Manor! Its a house I've always wanted, and had resigned myself to never owning one. The purchase price from Lawbre is out of this world and so when a partially completed one showed up on eBay, I grabbed it!

The exterior was partially painted with multiple colors, but not the way I would have finished it. The colors were the colors Lawbre recommended - based on their demo. But it needed a lot of work to get the blotches of paint to blend in.

I got my stipple brushes out and began to see if I could salvage it or if I would have to wipe the slate clean and start from scratch. I was able to work on blending the colors, and just added a 2nd color with the stippling technique. I think its where I want it to be now.

Original finish (no flash)


Original (with flash):



Stippled with 2 colors (using flash):




No flash:


Here's the back of the house - huge, isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment