Monday, February 15, 2016

Interior decorating to do

I need to make window treatments for:
  • Living Room
  • Dining Room
  • Master Bedroom
  • Guest Bedroom
I found this great tutorial on making draperies - http://studioeminiatures.blogspot.ca/2013/10/bed-curtains-tutorial.html and I think I will give it a whirl.

I'm going to have to go through all my stock of fabric and see what pops out...finally get to use some of them!

I've been thinking about the palladian windows.  I think perhaps simple side draperies on brass rods that don't cover the windows, and hang just below the arch portion. Living room may be downplayed, blending with the walls. Maybe yellow with blue?




I think the Dining room needs some pop though - maybe a dark burgundy/dark red small print. That should bring out the adobe tiles and the red check. 


Second floor guest room - I've toyed with the idea of a bed canopy, semicircular at the top and draping out over the sides of the daybed. I'm thinking either a toile or the monkey fabric. Window treatment could be swags or draperies.




Master bedroom - this one is still flexible. Probably a silk, draperies that puddle on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment