Sunday, September 06, 2015

Kitchen Cabinet Makeover

For a few years I've been postponing completing the kitchen in my Thornhill. I have struggled with the cabinet colors and the wall colors, and what tile to put in for a back splash. So the last several days I was researching and playing around with back splashes, and then while I thought I was getting close yesterday, I was still wavering. Late last night I had another twist on it, that was one step better.

But today I finally figured out that it was the cabinets that I was not really happy with. Out came paint, color wash, etc, and back to googling. Later today, it hit me. Yep, that aha moment. It came to me as I recalled an armoire and chairs that I bought that were customized by Maribeth Leidinger Inch by Inch), and I was going to put them in the kitchen too. Bingo! Back to pulling out paint, and I found a base paint that is a really nice match. Folkart Teddy Bear Tan 419 is the base paint, and then antiqued it with Burnt Umber color wash.

I really love the results, and can't wait to coordinate with my back splash ideas and get it all put together!

Before, along with the armoire that inspired me.




Here's after the first coat.


And the antiqued version, next to the armoire that was my inspiration.


Here's the room now, with counter tops, wallpaper, and island.


No comments:

Post a Comment