Monday, April 06, 2015

Changed finish of exterior windows

Funny how time changes your mind on your previous choices. I just kept rethinking the dark red burgundy exterior color on the windows. I bit the bullet and re-painted them white. Yes, from one extreme to another.

Of course I'd already glued them in, and fortunately that wasn't too much of a challenge, with the exception of the 2nd floor arch window. That bit the dust when I attempted to remove it. Repainting white over the dark of course took 2 coats, not to mention that the windows were pretty much painted shut the first time. I kept all the 1st floor ones, and ended up trashing the 4 2nd floor ones and getting new windows. Odd that not all of those 2nd floor windows had the removable wood, allowing you to paint without the acrylic.

I'm still not sure about if I will change the front door. I am thinking maybe a combo of white and burgundy.




No comments:

Post a Comment