Wednesday, May 07, 2014

3rd Floor

I now have the center 3rd floor room and the one on its left plastered. And the first coat of base paint is on the center room. I think the color will be like the living room - very light yellow/antique white with a wash of a yellow and maybe coral.

My billiard/pool table arrived, along with my small bar and pub chairs. I love them - they will fit in there nicely. I'm sure I need some other furniture - a comfy chair and bookcase, footstool, some art for the walls. I got some liquor bottles and some bar accessories - olives etc. 

The wood floor for the 3rd floor has presented me with a dilemma. I don't have enough of the 1/4 inch cherry stock, and the rest of the house has 3/8 stock. Earth n Tree is out of stock and I'm waiting on a reply from SH Goode. Those rooms are large up there, and require a fair amount of wood. I feel like I should maintain continuity and do the same cherry wood as the other rooms below. I did, however, get my template cut out for the center room - with appropriate cutouts. I used those polystyrene For Sale signs you get at the hardware store. Incidentally, I used this same thing for the base that I glued the ceiling bead board to. Worked like a charm, and was easy then to simply glue onto the ceiling. 

Moving on to other things, I stained some baseboard and the stair steps and railing for the 2nd floor stairs. The base stair risers and back will be white - for the stairs to mimic what I have on the first floor. Am now ready to install baseboard on some of the rooms. 

My dining room 'star' tiles arrived today and they are now glued on - so this weekend I will be grouting the floor - finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment